Gloucester Rangers Virtual AGM
Join the Gloucester Rangers for the Annual General Meeting on May 18, 2021. This meeting is open to all members of the Gloucester Rangers association.
Please note: As this meeting is virtual, there is a maximum capacity of 100 attendees. We kindly ask that only one member per household dial in to the meeting. The meeting will be recorded and posted on the Gloucester Rangers website for those unable to join us.
AGM Meeting Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Virtual AGM Agenda:
- 4.2.1 Call to Order
- 4.2.2 Adoption of minutes of the previous AGM
- 4.2.3 Business arising from the minutes
- 4.2.4 Presentation of financial statements
- 4.2.5 Proposed changes to the constitution, bylaws, rules and regulations
- 4.2.6 Reports from the executives and directors
- 4.2.7 Nomination and election of executive board positions (see list below)
- 4.2.8 New business
- 4.2.9 President's remarks
- 4.2.10 Adjournment
Board of Director Elections:
Thank you to all of those individuals who put their names forward for consideration for the following board positions. Voting will take place during the AGM on May 18, 2021.
VP OPS (2 year term - voted on by membership during AGM)
Treasurer (2 year term - voted on by membership during AGM)
Secretary (2 year term - voted on by membership during AGM)
Ice (Appointed by the Board of Directors)
Discipline (Appointed by the Board of Directors)
Board of Directors: Roles and Responsibilities
1. Shall preside at all Board of Directors, Executive Committee, General and Annual meetings of the GRMHA.
2. Shall exercise the authority of the GRMHA in cases of emergency, subject to ratification by the Board of Directors by the next board meeting
3. Shall be the official spokesman for the GRMHA as a member of the GHA Board of Directors.
4. Shall be an ex officio member of all GRMHA Committees.
5. Shall not vote except in the case of a tie when casting the deciding vote or elections.
6. Shall attend all AA/A league meetings on behalf of the GRMHA
5.2 Past President
1. Shall fulfil duties as assigned by the President.
2. Shall serve primarily as an advisor and historian on policy and procedures.
3. Shall provide assistance to the Board of Directors on policy issues or in conflict situations when another Board member cannot act due to personal conflict of interest.
5.3 Vice-President, Administration
1. Shall receive and process all tryout applications including payment, and ensure all players registered for tryouts have registered with their home association prior to their first ice session.
2. Shall develop and manage official team lists and Specially Affiliated Player Lists.
3. Shall coordinate the completion of the GRMHA Fair Play Pledge by players, parents and coaches.
4. Shall ensure the dissemination of information to all GRMHA members and their families.
5. Shall arrange collection of Players Registration fees from Member Association immediately after making Team lists.
5.4 Vice-President, Hockey Operations
1. Shall perform the duties of the President in his absence or at his request and shall then have all the rights and powers of the President. When acting as President he shall not vote except to break a tie or elections.
2. Shall be responsible for the administration of, as well as the planning, organizing and implementation of Mentorships, Players evaluations and team Selections.
3. Shall ensure that teams conduct their on-ice activities in accordance with GRMHA and Corporation philosophies and guidelines through periodic reports and attendance at games or practices.
4. Shall ensure adherence to player affiliation processes and maintain controls aimed at improving player development.
5. Shall co-ordinate the coach’s evaluation program.
6. Will represent the President/GRMHA at AA/A league meetings as required.
1. Shall prepare minutes of all Board, Executive, General and Annual meetings of the GRMHA and ensure proper distribution of same.
2. Shall prepare correspondence as necessary for the normal operation of the GRMHA.
3. Shall have custody of all documents and records pertaining to the affairs of the GRMHA except those held by the VP Administration and Treasurer.
4. Shall attend any other meetings as requested by the President and/or Vice Presidents in order to document proceedings.
5. Shall be responsible for coordinating the logistics and booking rooms for Board meetings and other events.
1. Shall receive all monies payable to the GRMHA and deposit same in a chartered bank as directed by the GRMHA Board of Directors, keep an accurate record of all monies received and disbursed and report at each Board of Directors meeting and Annual General Meeting.
2. Shall receive and record all accounts payable as approved by the GRMHA Board of Directors and pay all such accounts by cheque signed by two executive members.
3. Shall keep, and permanently retain for six (6) years, books of accounts and make them available to the GRMHA Board of Directors or Corporation on request.
4. Shall have all financial records prepared and submitted for audit each year, presenting them at the GRMHA Annual General Meeting.
5. Shall prepare and present a proposed budget prior to each hockey season to the Board for approval and will monitor and report on the status of the budget at monthly GRMHA meetings.
6. Shall ensure review of team budgets and monthly financial reports.
5.7 Director, Ice Scheduling
1. Shall prepare the tryout schedule in consultation with the President and Vice President Hockey Operations.
2. Shall liaise with the Corporation for assignment of practice ice through preseason, regular season and playoffs
3. Shall liaise with the Corporation for assignment of league regular season and play-off games and to resolve ice conflicts.
4. 4. Shall be responsible for the fair distribution of ice to GRMHA teams and will track assignments to ensure equity.
5. Shall arrange for the purchase of “contract ice” and assure the completion of the proper contracts.
5.8 Director, Equipment
1. Shall be responsible for the purchase, inventory and maintenance/repair of all equipment owned by the GRMHA.
2. Shall be responsible for the distribution and collection of all equipment with GRMHA teams.
3. Shall coordinate Requests for Proposals (RFP) to establish vendors for Ranger merchandise and equipment.
5.9 Director, Discipline
1. Shall coordinate compliance of the GRMHA with regards to the HEO MINOR and GHA Code of Disciplines.
2. Shall monitor all game incident reports that incur suspensions and review game sheets to ensure suspensions are served.
3. Shall review time/game suspensions in accordance with the HEO MINOR Handbook and Directory, as informed by GRMHA teams.
4. Shall chair GRMHA discipline hearings as required.
5. Shall provide the GRMHA Board with advice and direction, with regards to discipline policies, issues or rulings.
6. Shall represent the GRMHA at all Corporation Discipline meetings.
5.10 Director, Public Relations
1. Shall be responsible for the co-ordination of team photos, the GRMHA showcase and banners.
2. Shall be responsible for the maintenance, coordination, communication and posting of material on the GRMHA website and other association social media platforms.
3. Shall coordinate GRMHA special events, fundraisers and volunteer appreciation events.
5.11 Director, Risk and Safety
1. Shall provide the GRMHA Board of Directors advice and direction, in regard to Risk and Safety issues, and specifically communicating and identifying to them any or all risks which have been determined to be connected with hockey activities.
2. Shall recommend to the GRMHA Board of Directors, any specific courses or training that should be offered or mandated to players and/or team officials, which may further mitigate inherent risks.
3. Shall represent the GRMHA at all Corporation Risk and Safety meetings.
4. Shall initiate and/or participate in problem resolution processes concerning player, parent or team official conduct.
5.13 Director, Player Development
1. Shall manage player development and goalie development contracts and program delivery
2. Shall develop a GRMHA player development framework for each age level in terms of:
· Basic skills to be emphasized
· Basic positional skills to be emphasized
· Basic individual tactics to be emphasized
· Basic team tactics to be emphasized
3. Shall monitor teams to ensure framework is followed
4. Shall support VP Ops in promotions of affiliation
5. Shall wwork with GRMHA Coaches on player development as required
5.14 Director, U9 Program
1. Shall manage all aspects of the GRMHA Novice Program
2. Shall work with the Novice Head Coach on organizing Novice sessions and “Tournaments” as required
3. Shall develop a plan for the evolution of the Novice competitive program in GHA and GRMHA
4. Shall act as the liaison for all GRMHA Novice Teams