The GRMHA Board and executive will be on hand to present reports from the 2021-2022 season.
Save the Date: Rangers Annual General Meeting
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Location: Zoom Meeting
Board Call for Nominations – Deadline to apply: April 30th, 2022
Please submit your name in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elected portions (2 year terms) Nominee
President* Kevin Carroll
Vice President, Administration Open
Roles and Responsibilities
- Shall preside at all Board of Directors, Executive Committee, General and Annual meetings of the GRMHA.
- Shall exercise the authority of the GRMHA in cases of emergency, subject to ratification by the Board of Directors by the next board meeting
- Shall be the official spokesman for the GRMHA as a member of the GHA Board of Directors.
- Shall be an ex officio member of all GRMHA Committees.
- Shall not vote except in the case of a tie when casting the deciding vote or elections.
- Shall receive and process all tryout applications including payment, and ensure all players registered for tryouts have registered with their home association prior to their first ice session.
- Shall develop and manage official team lists and Specially Affiliated Player Lists.
- Shall coordinate the completion of the GRMHA Fair Play Pledge by players, parents and coaches.
- Shall ensure the dissemination of information to all GRMHA members and their families.
- Shall arrange collection of Players Registration fees from Member Association immediately after making Team lists.
*No person shall be eligible to run for the position of President unless he has served two full terms as an elected or appointed member of the GRMHA, GHA or GHA member association Boards for two years.
Board Appointments (1 year) Nominee
Director, Ice Scheduling Open
Director, Discipline Chris Shane
Director, Public Relations Shannon Bain
Director, Risk and Safety Chris McLeod
Director, Equipment Open
Director, Player Development Jamie Smith
Director, Pathways Programs Open
Candidate names for election or appointment must be submitted to the Secretary in confidence via email – email@example.com.
Elections shall be held at the GRMHA Annual Meeting for a period of two (2) years as follows:
Even Years at the time of Election
Vice President, Administration
Odd Years at the time of Election
Vice President, Hockey Operations
6.3 No person may be elected to hold more than one board position unless approved by a majority of the other board members.
6.4 No spouses or common-law partners may both occupy elected board positions.
6.5 Board members who are to be elected or appointed shall be elected in accordance with the following procedures:
6.5.1 No person shall be eligible to run for the position of President unless he has served two full term as an elected or appointed member of the GRMHA, GHA or GHA member association Boards for 2 years
6.5.2 Candidate names for election or appointment must be submitted to the Secretary at least 30 (thirty) days in advance of the Annual General Meeting. The slate containing the names of persons for the offices to be filled by election or appointment shall be posted not less than 15 (fifteen) days prior to the times at which the voting for elected positions is scheduled to be called at the meeting.
6.5.3 Appointed positions shall be filled by majority vote of the Elected Board members, at the first board meeting following the AGM. The method of voting shall be secret ballot with a majority vote of those present and voting confirming the appointment.
6.5.4 Should no candidates be nominated for an elected or appointed position prior to the AGM or in the event of a vacancy, the Board may appoint a Member to fill the vacant position until the next AGM.