September 17, 2020
Hello Rangers Families,
We are back-to-school and back-to-hockey! We hope everyone is adjusting to the new school schedules and enjoying the Rangers Development Program.
The Development Bubbles will continue in October for U13 and above. For the younger age groups, U12, U11, U10 and U9, we have been granted permission through HEO to host tryouts starting October 1st.
U9, U10, U11 and U12 – October Tryout Information:
- When does registration open for tryouts?
- Registration opens Saturday, September 19 @ 9am and closes September 28 @ 3pm.
- Registration will be done through gloucesterrangers.com. Payments will be accepted online as part of the registration process.
- What is the cost to register for tryouts?
- The fee for tryouts is $125 plus a nominal admin fee to cover the processing of the credit card payment.
- What will be included in the tryout process?
- Players will have a minimum of 3 ice times during the tryout process. Coaches will make one cut before the roster is finalized.
- Players and goalies will be evaluated through skill sessions, and in some cases, scrimmages.
- How will players be notified if they have made the roster or been released?
- The liaison for each age level will notify the families through email. During the tryout process families are asked to reach out to the designated liaison for their players age level for all questions or concerns. Families should refrain from contacting the coach directly.
- Will walk-ups or out-of-association players/goalies be allowed to tryout for the Gloucester Rangers?
- Only those registered online through the system before the September 28 @ 3pm deadline will be eligible to take part in the Rangers tryouts. No day-of walk-up registrations will be permitted. Additionally, there are no out-of-association registrations permitted at this time.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, the tryout schedule and team composition is subject to change. We will work to update families, in a timely manner, of any changes. As always, the very latest information will be posted on the Gloucester Rangers website and through our social media channels. Should you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.
Yours in hockey,
Board of Directors
Gloucester Rangers Minor Hockey Association